International Training Seminar "Biomass Heating - Market Development and Technologies"
14 - 17 September 2015, Linz
The market transformation towards modern, high-efficiency biomass heating presents enormous opportunities for local economic development, for decreasing energy costs and for climate and environment protection.
The 3-day international training seminar provided information and know-how on local market development and technologies for automatic biomass heating, based on the experience in Austria. It focused on small- and mid-scale projects, fuelled by wood pellets and wood chips, covering solutions for homes, smaller commercial/public buildings and district heating grids (up to a few hundred kW). The seminar offered interactive learning in an international group, educational site-visits and presentations by experts in biomass technologies, market development and environment.
The international training seminar was organised for the third time by the Energy Academy of the OÖ Energiesparverband, the energy agency of the region/state of Upper Austria. Upper Austria is a success story in high-efficiency biomass heating: more than 33 % of the heat demand are covered by clean, automatic biomass heating. Green heating has created more than 500 new jobs in Upper Austria in recent years. The OÖ Energiesparverband is the organiser of the European Pellet Conference, the largest annual event on wood pellets in the world.
- Success factors for developing a regional/local biomass heating market
- Technology overview (combustion, emissions), system designs
- Fuel standards and logistics (wood pellets, wood chips, log/cord wood)
- Business and financing models, marketing
As an international training seminar, the seminar will not cover country specific information, such as specific legal aspects or funding programmes.
The seminar targets at representatives of businesses, public bodies, institutions, NGOs etc. interested in developing a local/regional biomass heating market. The seminar is especially meant for persons from countries where the market for automatic biomass heating is in a starting phase.
What will the international seminar offer?
- 3 intensive days packed with information and know-how on the technologies, the economics and the marketing of biomass heating!
- Practical hands-on information from people who have done it - learn from the best in biomass heating!
- A lively mix of presentations, technical site-visits and interactive learning in an international group.
- A focus on small- and mid-scale projects fuelled by wood pellets and wood chips.